RULES OF THE SHRULE AND DISTRICT VINTAGE CLUB
RATIFIED AT GENERAL MEETING ON 15/JULY/2008
The Club shall be called SHRULE & DISTRICT VINTAGE CLUB
THE COLLECTION, RESTORATION, PRESERVATION OF Vintage tractor, cars ,lorries ,Machinery, engines, static items and farm machinery and the holding of rallies, exhibitions and events in conjunction with it.
(3) The officers of the club shall be, The Chairman , Vice Chairman, Honorary Treasurer, Secretary, and the P,R.O. and their election is Ratified at the Annual General Meeting. They shall hold Office for One Year and shall be eligible for re-election.
3a Amendment 3 Dec 2019 Media & IT Admin officer post added
(4) The Committee shall consist of Officers of the Club and as many members as The Annual General Meeting may decide but not less than seven.
Any two members may propose a member to serve on the Committee
(a) By notifying the Honorary Secretary in writing in advance:
(b) From the floor of the Annual General Meeting and with the members permission. If there are more nominations than committee members required there should be an election to decide on who
shall serve on the Committee. Each member shall have a vote and if there is a tie, lots shall be drawn.
At any time during the year the Committee may co-opt a member or members onto
the Committee. The Committee shall retire every year at the Annual General Meeting but shall be eligible for re-election.
(5) The objects and interests of the Founding Members of the Club
shall be preserved and maintained by the Club.
(5a) Amendments made @ AGM 3rd Dec 2019
- (i) Quorum for AGM/EGM shall be 8
- (ii) Quorum for ordinary meeting shall be 5
POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
(6) The Committee shall be responsible for the ongoing management of the Club, including the control of finances, and all such administrative powers as maybe necessary for properly carrying out the objectives of the Club in accordance with these Rules. .
DUTIES OF HONORARY SECRETARY
(7) The honorary secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the club and shall have custody of all documents belonging to the club, and collect minutes off all proceedings and minutes of the club.
DUTIES OF HONORARY TREASURER
(8) The honorary treasurer shall keep the accounts of the club and shall make up the annual statement of accounts, balance sheet of the club to be presented to the annual general meeting each year. Where after examination they maybe adopted.
ELECTION OF MEMBERS
(8) Candidates for election as members of the club shall be proposed and seconded by two members of the club, and a decision on such membership shall be on a vote of the members present at such a meeting and in the event of a tie, the acting chairman at such a meeting shall have a second or casting vote. membership is subject to the payment of the agreed subscription within one month.
(10) The Annual subscription payable by the members shall be such as the annual general meeting shall from time to time prescribe.
(10a) Amendments made @ AGM 6th Dec 2022
- Establish expected IVETA charge for the following year and agree following year annual subscriptions by October, to allow new subscriptions application forms to be sent to members before the next AGM in December
PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR MEMBERS
(11) All annual subscriptions are payable within one mouth of the holding of the Annual General Meeting. Any MEMBER whose subscription is unpaid shall crease to exercise the privileges of membership.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
(12) The annual general meeting of the club will be held on the first Tuesday of December each year, at such time and place, as the committee shall determine.
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
(13) Any member may request the committee to call an Extraordinary General Meeting of the members of the club when any question of urgent importance shall arise. A request for such a meeting must specify the business for which the meeting is to be summoned, and such a request shall be signed by not less than five members of the club. All requests must be in writing though the club secretary.
NOTICE OF MEETING
(14) At least seven days notice of any general meeting specifying the day, time and place of the meeting shall be sent to every member by post to his address
ALTERATION OF RULES
(15) No rule of the club shall be repealed or altered and no new rules shall be made save by two-thirds majority of the members present and voting at the annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the club
(15B)The CLUB shall hold meetings on the Second Tuesday in every month, or as often as required by the committee.
DISSOLUTION OF CLUB
(16)The club maybe dissolved at ANY General Meeting of the Club or at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club called for such purpose and such dissolution shall be confirmed by two-thirds of the Members present at such a meeting.
The Assets of the Club on its dissolution shall be accessed and donated to the Charity nominated by the majority (simple) at the dissolution meeting of the Club.
(17) The Founder members of the Club are as follows:
(A) Bartley Horan
(B). Micheal Holleran
(C) John McEvaddy
(D) Celia Lyons
(E) Paddy Lyons
(F). Paddy Walsh
(G) Brendan Holleran
(H). Teresa Horan
(I) Gerry Moran
(J). Jimmy Reynolds
(K) Philips Meehan
(L) Joe Fergus
(M) John Mullaney
(N). Aidan Mullaney
(O) Stephan Holleran
(P). Gerry Regan
(Q) Brendan Holleran
(R) Padraic Moran
(S) Pat Martyn