This years AGM will be held tomorrow evening 5th December in Shrule Town Hall at 8pm . All members are urged to attend . The agenda is as follows .
Here is the draft 5th Dec 2017 AGM agenda:
1 . Apologies
2 . Minutes of last AGM of 6th Dec 2016
3 . Chairman’s Report
4 . Secretary’s Report
5 . Treasurer’s Report
6 . Matters Arising
7 . Motions
8 . Castlehacket plan for Sun 10th June 2018
9. Runs for 2018
10. Autojumble Sun 18th Feb 2018
11. Membership costs for 2018
12.Election of Officers
13. Hall update
14. Christmas meal 16th Dec McWilliam Hotel €38 per head
15. Paddy’s Day route (Headford or not)
Minutes of A.G.M
LOCATION & DATE : SHRULE HALL @ 8:00 PM on 5th December 2017
ATTENDED BY :
APOLOGIES : Jim O’Toole
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 16th Nov 2017 READ
PROPOSED BY M.Craddock AND SECONDED BY Tom Tiernan
SIGNED BY N.Fraser
Autojumble up €1000 Harvest Social up
2017 Rally expenses €4560 Bank balance = €3300 in credit
Loss of €5,300 in 2017 therefore insufficient funds to run 2018 rally without sponsorship.
Note 2012 was a bad year – club recovered — otherwise Club in financially healthy condition .
CASTLEHACKETT RALLY 2018
SPONSORSHIP REQUIRED – are people willing to seek same – ??? Suggested revenue sources were . . .
Peadar – 50/50 lottery Mick Craddock – €100 donation by each member with refund if successful
Martin Ryan – delay show until kitty is replenished an able to sustain another fail
Tom Kelly – restore a car and raffle it to make a profit to kitty
Pa Martyn – Loan from credit union Stephen Halloran – run a low budget show
Bartley insists on sponsorship – could other charities join in
Martin , Una – state gambling on weather in 7 months in advance by acquiring a loan is unadvisable
15 of 25 vote in favour of show 2018 passed & 14 of 25 in favour of seeking sponsorship passed
Shareing with another club suggested ???
Tom Kelly highlights new GAA fixtures will clash with fixtures in 2018
Licenced BAR ? – Philip to be consulted ? Mike C. points out risks etc…
Vote relating to Bar inclusion 20 of 25 against a BAR
Road Runs for 2018
Bartley to organise a Commercial Run for 4th Sunday in April
Stephen Halloran to organise a Tractor Run for July 8th
Treasure Hunt for May 13th – Neil to organise
Peadar and David suggest runs to a shows if they coincide.
AT THIS POINT Tom Mannion TOOK THE CHAIR TO ALLOW NEW COMMITTEE TO BE ELECTED
The outgoing Chairman – Neil Fraser , Secretary – Chris Green and Treasurer – Bartley Horan were thanked for their work in the past year .
The New Committee and Officers elected were
President : Celia Lyons
Chairman : Michael Craddock Prop. Gerry Regan /2nd. Neil Fraser
Secretary : Neil Fraser & Martin Ryan Prop. Pa Martyn /2nd. David Burke
agreed to share as no one else was willing to take it up
Treasurer : Bartley Horan agreed reluctantly to do one more year
Prop. Celia Lyons / 2nd. J.Flanagan
P.R.O. : Pa Martyn
Membership : Stephen Halloran
First Aid : Bartley , Pa & Joe Flanagan
Details of Officers , Proposers and seconders to be supplied by Michael Craddock
Martin/Neil Minutes from now on ’til Dec 2018
Chris handed over Club records & documentation archive to Martin Ryan .
David Burke offered to donate an iPhone to the Club as official club phone !
Next AGM (2018) to be held on the first Tuesday of December 2018
Steering committee organised until March 2018 then a company must be set up to manage it
Hall is booked for Autojumble on 3rd Sunday in February 2018.
St. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE
Headford participation was discussed and not attending Headford as a club was agreed
The Club plan to attend Shrule , Kilmaine and then Ballinrobe was agreed
Any Other Business
Extra safety officers proposed proposed Pa + 2 others proposed by Pa / 2nd Una
Pa , David Burke and Neil Fraser appointed.
First Aid courses to be investigated – (PM)
6 Dec 2018